Susanne Brucksch is Senior Researcher at German Institute for Japanese Studies (DIJ) Tokyo, member of the Social Science Section and Coorganiser of the Social Science Study Group. From 2009-2016, she has been working as senior research fellow at Freie Universität Berlin and was visiting researcher at Waseda University in 2016 collecting data for her current research on «Technical Innovation and Research Collaboration in Japan: The Biomedical Engineering Sector». Before, she spent two years in Japan with a MEXT and DIJ scholarship conducting research for her dissertation on «Environmental Collaboration between Business Companies and Civil Society Organisations in Japan ». She also holds post as Technik-STS Section leader of the German Association for Social Science Research on Japan (VSJF).
- Innovation Studies (esp. the Field of Biomedical Engineering / Medical Technologies)
- Science & Technology Studies (STS)
- STI (Science, Technology & Innovation) Governance
- Inter-organisational Collaboration
- Institutional Design, Change and Boundaries
- Technology, Energy and Environmental Policy